Iridia is an emerging San Diego company bringing together DNA chemistry, synthetic and molecular biology and nanofabrication technology towards developing a revolutionary long-term data storage platform that can store orders of magnitude more data that can endure generations. This technology will meet the demand for new, high-density, high-durability digital data archiving technology.
Iridia, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value quality, innovation, continuous improvement, diversity, leadership and growth opportunities.
We offer an employee compensation package that includes:
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare benefits
- Retirement savings plan
Active job openings
Scientist - Enzyme Biochemistry
Iridia is a San Diego area start-up developing a long-term high-density data storage technology based on DNA.
The Iridia Research Team is looking for a scientist with experience and expertise in enzymology, conjugation chemistry and molecular biology. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to apply your knowledge and abilities to the development of a transformational technology.
- A proven self-starter who can perform independent, well-controlled research as part of a multi-disciplinary technology development team, with a focus on enzymology and biochemistry. Knowledge of conjugation chemistry for enzymes is a plus.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Conduct cutting edge research under the supervision of the Director of Molecular Technologies.
- Work seamlessly in an interdisciplinary environment encompassing molecular biology, biochemistry, protein expression, nanotechnology and microfluidics.
- Maintain records, and prepare presentations for providing updates.
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities.
- Ideal candidate would have up to 5 years or more of biotech industry experience with a background in enzymology (especially kinetics and engineering of DNA modifying enzymes), conjugation chemistry (especially conjugation of enzymes to surfaces) and molecular biology, and ideally have been successful in a start-up environment.
- Competence in computer skills including Microsoft Office.
Preferred Educational Background:
- A PhD or MS in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related field. A BS will be considered with appropriate experience and background.
Iridia, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides comprehensive Medical, Health and Vision benefits